As Seen On The Bathroom Wall

The best ideas come while sitting on the pot.

I'm so unprepared!



Not.

The above is a lovely gift/award from the fabulous Susie the Knitting Knoobie, who has graciously chosen me as one of four individuals whom she thinks is a Kreativ Blogger.

So, in order to fulfill the requirements set in order to receive this prestigious and meaningful award, I shall repeat what must be done:

List six things that make you happy.
Pass the award on to 6 more Kreativ bloggers.
Link back to the person who gave you the award.
Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.

For myself, the six things that make me happy are as follows:

1. My family. Four children and one husband keep be very busy. Each one of them are so different - unique in their own way - and I cannot help but feel blessed that they are in my life, and that I have been blessed to be a part of theirs. There is nothing more special than being included in the growth of a person, and I am truly thankful that I am allowed such a gift with my family.

2. My friends. I have many acquaintances, but the people whom matter to me enough where I can call them my friends are those whom I feel a special bond with that transcends distance, culture, age, and beliefs. A beautiful friend of mine has a favorite quote that applies to this particular happiness: "Friends are the family you choose for yourself."

3. Reading. Nothing allows you to escape quite like a good book. Whether it's off to a different time, or to a different world, the mind of a child, or that of some alien creature, the words that jump off of a page and transports you to a different reality are priceless indeed. You can glean hope, humor, and perhaps a lesson or two about life from a few pages in a book, or you can have a completely life-altering experience in just a few hundred pages because books allow you to become someone different in just a matter of seconds like nothing else could. The pen is mightier than the sword; no sword ever left a girl lusting after vampires, or boys flying on dragons, and that, my friends, is true magic indeed.

4. Writing. If you cannot find what it is you want to read, that's what writing is for. The worlds that you would love to live in are there in your head, and all you need do to step into them is to put them down on paper, even if only for your own eyes. The written word doesn't just belong to the author from some faraway place. It also belongs to you.

5. Chocolate. No woman should ever live without it. Wars would be fought if chocolate became so scarce, there'd be a shortage. I'm quite cranky when I don't get my fix, and as the husband knows, a cranky korean is far more deadly than an pissed off potogee.

6. Sleep. I don't get enough of it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that has nothing on me and my sleep. If I could, I'd spend an entire week sleeping. As it is, I get to spend a couple of hours in slumber, and those hours are so precious, you... my precious... my PRECIOUS!!!


Okay, back to the requirements. Yeah.

Here are four friend blogs, and one non-friend related blogs that I have chosen for this award. Visit them - or else I won't eat chocolate, and I won't sleep, and I'll hunt you down.

It's a Prozac Life belongs to my partner in forum crime.

A Hippie Liberal Mom Chronicle is the lovechild of Cheech & Chong and Hillary Clinton's Hair Dresser all rolled up into one neat and tidy package of sarcasm. She's a gem, this one.

Overdosing on Nostalgia is the blog maintained by the internet's resident vegan who does what I wish I could if I didn't like the taste of dead flesh so much.

Desperately Seeking Sanity is what happens when a mom of three turns into the coupon clipping maniac who also happens to have a pretty keen sense of humor.

Little Ashes is the unofficial blog for the fictional-account-turned-art-house-film about Salvadore Dali's sensual relationship with close friend, Federico Garcia Lorca. I'm a diehard Dali fan, and am looking incredibly forward to seeing this movie!

Aloha!

1 Comment:

  1. Susie said...
    I love your list! How could I have forgotten chocolate??? Argggg!!!

Post a Comment