As Seen On The Bathroom Wall

The best ideas come while sitting on the pot.

To change or not to change

The first presidential debate of the election season between the two primary candidates happened last night. To say that it was anti-climactic would be an understatement. It was truly disappointing, undeniably so.

I didn't expect to have my opinion, my choice on which candidate I'm voting for to be swayed, and I have remained firm in my decision, but the reality, the gravity of the situation is that neither candidate has done enough to strengthen their hold and gain new ground. And yes, that was a very long sentence, but still rang with enough truth to make it warranted.

I lean more left than I do right, but I'm not a complete liberal. Most of my far left friends believe that I am way too conservative for my own good. Or theirs. Then there are my far right friends who believe that I am too liberal. It's a catch-22, being independent, but the fact of the matter is, both sides have too many problems for me to believe wholly in either of them.

So where does that leave me? I am still voting for Obama. His policies aren't aligning completely with what I'd like to see, but he's definitely more in line with my train of thought with regards to the certain topics than McCain. Then again, as soon as McCain chose Sarah Palin to be his running mate, he lost any and all hope of ever winning my vote. Sarah Palin wouldn't have a problem with repealing the right for women to vote, she's so hell bent on sending women back a few centuries, and I cannot, as a woman, and a mother of future women, stand idly by and let that happen. Especially not by a woman.

So, debate or no, I haven't changed. Unfortunately, nothing else has either.

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment