As Seen On The Bathroom Wall

The best ideas come while sitting on the pot.

Death of the Plurk

I have decided to kill off Plurk. I simply do not have the time to keep up with the karma points deemed necessary for status merit, or what have you. I have enjoyed my few weeks there, to say the least, but all in all, I simply cannot balance time between work, my family, and my new project. I'm already stretched thin as it is, and focusing any energy on yet another social networking site seems redundant and just a tad bit silly. I already have the facebook I don't pay attention to, and my high school's little member board that I haven't visited in a while, and the big MS to worry about.

Plurking is a great idea, if you live in areas where people spend a great deal of time online. My state doesn't really have as many individuals sitting at home, cruising the net as larger, more populated states. Also, with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation, people really don't have time to waste online plurking when they could be doing something else...like shopping!

Or blogging, as the case may be.

I will be sending my plurk to its final resting place after a farewell letter. Not many of my friends signed up to the plurk because I didn't invite many people to begin with. I know my friends, and what their limitations are. Asking some of them to take time out of their lives to get online and "plurk" would rank right up there with telling them to come over and unlace and relace all of the sneakers in my possession. You just don't do it.

So aloha to Plurk. I hope you take off, a la twitter.



Aloha!

1 Comment:

  1. Christina M. said...
    Cool beans. You are one with your hands full I must say so I understand! Hugs and kittens and rainbows and shitz.

Post a Comment